On April 22, 2021, Pope Francis commemorated Mother Earth Day, a day established by the United Nations to draw attention to the climate crisis. The Pope expressed with greater urgency the need to take action to stop global catastrophes and pandemics in our planet. He highlighted the following points in his messages for Mother Earth Day 2021:
- God always forgives, men forgive from time to time, nature no longer forgives.
- Take care of nature so that it takes care of us.
- There is still time to act even though it is difficult to stop the destruction of nature when it has been triggered. 
For the Pope, global catastrophes, pandemics and social turmoil are signs that the earth is suffering,  and his solution is to preach Marxism to save humanity and establish a Marxist utopia. For the true Christian, natural disasters and global social unrest are the signs of the times that Jesus spoke of reminding us that His coming was near, and God’s solution is to preach the everlasting gospel to prepare people for the second coming of Christ.
Tragically, the Christian world is uniting with the Pope in spreading the message of radical environmentalism. There is an obsession with the planet, what Jesus called the birds, the lilies and fields. Jesus told us not to worry about the natural world; instead, we should be concerned with reconciling our lives with God and saving souls:
- “Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?” Matthew 6:26.
- “And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin. And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.” Matthew 6:28, 29.
- “Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?” Matthew 6:30.
- “Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?” Matthew 6:31.
- “For after all these things do the Gentiles seek: for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.” Matthew 6:32.
- “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33.
- “Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” Matthew 6:34.
God’s people must stop obsessing over the planet! It is the Marxist globalists who are obsessed with the biosphere. They worry about the future and about getting rich and about implementing policies to advance their personal ambitions. “That’s what the Gentiles do,” Jesus said. God’s people must not become fixated with the natural world. Our job is to be the depository of truth and faith, preparing people for the next world. Remember, Jesus said in His discourse about the signs of the end that this world will pass away (Matthew 24:35). How can true Christians preach the end-times and work to redeem the planet? Our world will be extinguished. So let’s not spend our efforts trying to save the sun, the moon, the sky and the planet.
Globalists are using a pseudo science to de-Christianize society from biblical truth by promoting pantheism. Pope Francis is preaching an apocalyptic message mixed with leftist ideologies. He uses the signs that Jesus gave us in prophecy about the end-times to promote an environmental message by introducing an alternative narrative that is not found in the Bible. This is a distraction so that Christians are not talking about the real end-time message. This is causing us to ignore the moral perversion that is being forced on families and children. We as a church should preach the gospel and denounce the immoral aberrations of God’s word, but sadly, no one wants to talk about the moral issues of God’s law or about getting ready to meet Jesus in the clouds. We just want to talk about the ecology and climate change, thanks to Rome.
The Pope’s climate message is incompatible with the gospel of Christ. The salvation of souls is the main objective of God. Eternal life through Jesus Christ is our only hope. This is how we can escape the coming destruction of the earth by fire (2 Peter 3:10). This earth will pass away whether we want it to or not. That is why our emphasis must be on the everlasting gospel:
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” Mark 8:36.