The ongoing women’s ordination debate taking place in the church today is only the tip of the feminist iceberg. If we don’t fight feminism on every front, the annihilation of every institution that God gave us at Creation will also be at risk. Below is a video published by “Whole Life Church” a Seventh-day Adventist Church in Orlando, Florida.  They are making a mockery of God’s word. This news was first published on Fulcrum7. 
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them” (Genesis 1:27).
The Bible clearly states that male and female were created in the image of God. If both bear God’s image then this means that male and female have the same value and dignity. On this we all agree. But the same Bible also clearly teaches that even before the Fall of the human race God created male and female with different roles that complement each other. This part is purposely being ignored by the advocates of women’s ordination:
- Man was created before Eve (Genesis 2:18; 1 Timothy 2:13).
- The woman was taken out of man (Genesis 2:22).
- Adam gave Eve her name, “She shall be called woman” (Genesis 2:23).
- Eve was created by God to be Adam’s “helper” (Genesis 2:18).
- Adam represented the entire human race, and he is credited for the death of all because of sin (1 Corinthians 15:22; Roman 5:12-14).
- God held Adam accountable as head of his household, “And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?” (Genesis 3:9). Here we see how God held Adam, as leader, responsible for his family even though it was the serpent who first deceived Eve.
After sin entered the world God reaffirmed that Adam was still responsible as head of his household. No new roles were created or eliminated:
- After sin God said to Eve by divine decree, “He shall rule over thee” (Genesis 3:16).
- Paul speaking about this Genesis account says, “Wives, submit to your husbands” (Ephesians 5:22).
- Adam and Eve’s relationship is an irreversible parallel depicting Christ’s headship over His Church: “For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church” (Ephesians 5:23).
- Adam and Eve’s relationship is also an irreversible parallel depicting the headship of God: “But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God” (1 Corinthians 11:3).
- Husbands are to be just like Christ – humble, respectful, loving and protectors of their wives and families (Ephesians 5:25).
- And just as the church is subject to Christ, wives are to be subject to their Christ-like husbands (Ephesians 5:24).
These biblical facts are not cultural or limited to just one group of people. These truths are as old as Creation when God instituted the Sabbath, marriage, family and His church. Christ’s headship over the church, the Godheads’ headship over the world and Adam’s headship over his family are still part of God’s divine will for the human family and the church.
Distorting the Divine Design
When we violate God’s principles about the role of the husband in family leadership, we distort the divine design. There are many ways that this can happen.
- Men who mistreat and abuse their wives are violating God’s will. Selfish husbands who are aggressive and tyrannical and who treat their women like slaves are violating God’s divine blueprint. Women are to be cherished, loved and protected just as Jesus does with His church. Men cannot violate this sacred symbolism.
- When men become wimpy and abdicate their position as leaders they distort the divine plan. Men who fail to instruct their families in the ways of God, who fail to provide for the basic needs of their families and who are too passive and cowardly to lead the home are outside the will of God. Weak men distort God’s image and fail to represent Him as the true husband (Isaiah 54:5).
- Women who allow themselves to be verbally and physically abused and treated like a floor mat are outside of God’s will. They are causing the image of God to be defaced in their lives. Women who do not speak up or become “helpers” to their husbands are out of line with God’s word. As helpers, women have to assist their husbands by reminding them to become men of God.
- Women who want to usurp and undermine the authority of their husbands are violating God’s divine design. Women who resist the leadership role of their husbands are in rebellion to the word of God. In fact, if women do not submit to the godly men in their lives, they will never submit to the God of heaven.
Feminists want to change this arrangement. They want to pervert God’s divine intention. According to the feminist movement, this original design taught in God’s word is controversial, hateful, discriminatory, misogynistic and a great injustice to all women. According to the feminist movement, all who believe in what the Bible says about the distinct roles between men and women are bigots and hate-mongers. If you uphold and defend these biblical values you are guilty and have committed a grievous crime.
In part 2 we will see God’s original design for ordination. If we don’t understand the order that God Himself established for our homes we will never accept the order that should exist in the church because they are one and the same.