Church leaders are supposed to listen to legitimate concerns from their constituents. Those who serve in the church’s “public affairs” department should be able to answer basic questions about their public engagements. Yet Ganoune Diop, Director for Public Affairs and Religious Liberty (PARL) for the General Conference, won’t even answer important questions about his recent “affairs” with Rome.
On April 25-27, 2018 Ganaoune Diop met with a group of ecumenical leaders in Bogota, Colombia. Roman Catholic Bishop Brian Farell (the pope’s representative in the ecumenical movement) and others were at this event. There was also a Seventh-day Adventist by the name of Cesar Pacheco who happened to live just outside of Bogota. When he heard about this meeting he decided to attend.
At this ecumenical conference Cesar Pacheco spoke directly to Ganoune Diop and asked him why he was there. Cesar also placed in Ganoune Diop’s hands a list of 14 questions that he felt needed to be answered by Diop. Ganoune Diop “promised” to get back to him with answers to his questions. That was last year and to date Cesar Pacheco has received no reply.
During this ecumenical event in Bogota, Colombia Cesar Pacheco also witnessed Ganoune Diop singing in Latin. Diop was singing a well-known Roman Catholic song that is commonly used during mass. He recorded the ecumenical choir while it sang and zoomed in on Diop’s face. You can clearly see Diop’s lips moving in unison with the choir as it sang in Latin.
So what were the questions contained in the document that Ganoune Diop refused to address? Cesar Pacheco raised some serious questions that had to do with Ganoune Diop’s two meetings with Pope Francis. His first encounter with the pope took place on October 12, 2016 in Rome, Italy and his second meeting was on October 31, 2016 in Lund, Sweden. This news was actually reported by Diop’s Public Affairs and Religious Liberty department. Notice what they published back in 2016:
“Dr. Diop, in his capacity as secretary of the group, attended a meeting this past October in Rome. The following week, also as CS/CWC secretary, he attended the commemoration of the 500-year anniversary of the Reformation in Lund, Sweden, which was co-organized by the Lutherans and the Roman Catholics.” 
Below are the 14 questions that were handed to Ganoune Diop – which he refused to answer after promising to do so. They are very well-written and were authored by Cesar Pacheco. These questions need to be seriously considered when contemplating any involvement into Rome’s ecumenical movement.
The 14 Questions Given to Ganoune Diop, Director of Public Affairs and Religious Liberty for the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists1. What did you feel when you so warmly shook the bloody hands of the representative of the great harlot – of whom the Bible says “in her was found the blood of the prophets and the saints, and of all those who have been killed on earth” (Revelation 18:14)? After shaking them, did you not look at yours to see in them the scarlet blood color of Christ and his martyrs who have been killed by this power for centuries?
2. Did you not feel the heat of the blood spilled from the martyrs running through your hands that emanated from the hands of the “Son of Perdition” while he was smiling at you? This is the same system that “will be burned with fire” one day (Revelation 18:8).
3. Didn’t you notice the jubilant face of Cardinal Koch, who was standing to the right of your friend Pope Francis and who with his cunning smile was confirming his triumph in his ecumenical work as President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity? Was he celebrating for having brought back the last wayward sheep of “heretics” (Seventh-day Adventists) the fold of the false shepherd, his boss?
4. Have you not read the following statement that says:
“The papacy is just what prophecy declared that she would be, the apostasy of the latter times. 2 Thessalonians 2:3, 4. It is a part of her policy to assume the character which will best accomplish her purpose; but beneath the variable appearance of the chameleon she conceals the invariable venom of the serpent. “Faith ought not to be kept with heretics, nor persons suspected of heresy” (Lenfant, volume 1, page 516), she declares. Shall this power, whose record for a thousand years is written in the blood of the saints, be now acknowledged as a part of the church of Christ?” (Great Controversy, p. 571).
5. Have you never read the book “The Great Controversy?” Has no professor of theology ever asked you to read it as a necessary reading assignment to become an Adventist theologian? Or if you have read it, did you forget its content or did you forget the history of the Inquisition and its wars against Protestantism? And do you or those who support your work for the church believe that just as Salome delivered the severed head of John the Baptist on a silver platter to her harlot mother Herodias – were you also delivering our heads to the great harlot woman of Bible prophecy?
6. What did Pope Francis say to you when you announced to him that he was the representative of the terrible beast power, the great harlot and the Antichrist system of Bible prophecy? Didn’t you tell him?
What about the smile you shared with him? Did you ask him to repent before the day of mercy is closed, otherwise he would receive the 7 last plagues along with all those who join him in the final apostasy – which, if not careful, could also include you?
Surely, you remained silent, otherwise you would not have taken a picture with him. It would have been better for you to have spoken up because then one day you would be in heaven standing next to Christ and not standing next to Antichrist as the photos reveal.
7. In your private or public conversations with all the daughters of the great harlot with whom you posed for in these photos, did you warn them all about “what they can expect from the papal power” (4MR 425.3)? And how many copies of the book “The Great Controversy” did you give to those who participated with you in that ecumenical meeting which you consider as part of your ecumenical family?
8. During your ecumenical fellowship with the bishop of Rome who was standing before you by his golden throne, what were you thinking about while sitting silently before the representative of the great beast power of the last days? And what were you thinking about while sitting next to the secretary of the Lutheran World Federation on your right?
Wasn’t the voice of your conscience screaming at you that the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation were being fulfilled before your eyes and that you were joining in with the daughters of Babylon? Shouldn’t you as a Seventh-day Adventist be willing to share the truth about the identity of this prophetic power? Shouldn’t you be blowing the trumpet regardless of any temporal consequences, but with the assurance that a crown of eternal life is awaiting you?
9. On your flight to Sweden to meet Pope Francis for the second time during a historic healing between Protestants and Catholics, did you not have time to re-read the chapters in the book “The Great Controversy” that speak about the prophetic historical accounts of the Reformation? For in this book is recorded the cost which Protestants had to endure. They suffered exiles, insults, confinements, scaffolds, tortures, bonfires, hunger and death for simply separating themselves from the Roman church.
10. In your recent statements given in the article entitled “Why does the Seventh-day Adventist Church have a presence in the public sector?”  did you mention that you were returning from two international religious meetings? You only mentioned the one of Rome (referring to the Christian World Communions, of which you are secretary) and the other trip to Nigeria. But you forgot to mention the two most important ecumenical meetings you have attended: The one you had in Rome at the Vatican offices where you shook the hands of Pope Francis and the other one at the Lund Cathedral in Sweden during your second encounter with the Pope. Why did you forget to mention these? Was it accidental or intentional? What do you need to hide?
11. At the Lund Cathedral in Sweden how did you feel about participating in the religious service that was designed to undo all that the Protestant Reformation stood for. In this worship service there was a pagan rite of sun worship (see picture below). Look at the drawing of Christ and the cross with the sun disks around his head. You were representing the Seventh-day Adventist Church and again, you were in the presence of that great power that spilled the blood of Our Redeemer through His martyrs. This power persecuted those heroes of the faith who were willing to give their lives in a living sacrifice to Jehovah for refusing to obey the man of sin, so that you could have the Word of God and the Gift of Prophecy in your hands?
12. Are you not ashamed to say that you belong to the Seventh-day Adventist Church, possessing the Gift of Prophecy revealed by divine Inspiration to Ellen White, who prophesied of what you did by shaking the papacy’s hand?
“We are to give to the people the warnings contained in Revelation. But many workers are engaged in a line of work that is disqualifying them to preach the word and do the very work God has appointed them to do. The truth in regard to the Sabbath of the Lord is to be proclaimed. The Seventh-day is to be shown to be the seal of the living God. People are to be shown what they may expect from the papal power. The time has come when the Protestant churches are reaching out to grasp the hand of the power that has made void the law of God … [Here follows lengthy quotations from Revelation 18 and brief comments.]” (Manuscript Release, Volume 4, p. 425.3).
13. After showing this evidence, I ask you the following question. But first let me share two quotes from the Messenger of the Lord:
“In the very time in which we live the Lord has called His people and has given them a message to bear. He has called them to expose the wickedness of the man of sin who has made the Sunday law a distinctive power, who has thought to change times and laws, and to oppress the people of God who stand firmly to honor Him by keeping the only true Sabbath, the Sabbath of creation, as holy unto the Lord” (Evangelism, p. 233.2).
“The sins of Babylon will be laid open. The fearful results of enforcing the observances of the church by civil authority, the inroads of spiritualism, the stealthy but rapid progress of the papal power—all will be unmasked. By these solemn warnings the people will be stirred. Thousands upon thousands will listen who have never heard words like these. In amazement they hear the testimony that Babylon is the church, fallen because of her errors and sins, because of her rejection of the truth sent to her from heaven” (Great Controversy, 606).
How can ordinary Seventh-day Adventist members be able to denounce the sins of Babylon, how can they preach the message of the Three Angels, how will they expose the man of sin if their top leaders (members of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists) have come so close to this apostate system that they can now shake hands with him? What happened to the prophetic witness behind our prophetic movement initiated in 1844 when we had the sole mission of giving a warning message to the world?
14. Do you now understand what the prophet Joel said about how after four generations green and fresh food would disappear generation after generation until it reached the deplorable state in which we find ourselves as an Adventist movement?
“The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel. Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers? Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation. That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten. Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.” Joel 1:1-5.
Does this sound familiar to us … “drunkards,” “wine” … doesn’t this remind us of Revelation 18:3?
“For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:3, 4.
The warning to “come out” is for you TODAY and for all Seventh-day Adventists. I pray that you, Ted Wilson and all those ministers or laity who may have silenced the message of the Three Angels through their participation in the ecumenical movement may turn away from the path that is leading us back to Egypt (Rome).
The protest has not yet ended because the prophecies of the book of Daniel and Revelation are still in effect. In the book of Daniel there is one verse that is just about to come to pass:
“But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.” Daniel 11:44.
And after this verse which one follows? Michael, our Great Deliverer, will come.
“And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.” Daniel 12:1.
Today is the day for us to change course and follow the path outlined by God:
“Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” Jeremiah 6:16.
With brotherly appreciation, with the love of Christ and in the fear of Jehovah,
CESAR AUGUSTO PACHECO V.
Ganoune Diop can be reached at his email address: firstname.lastname@example.org